Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fresh Music Tuesday

I went to a book signing yesterday for an old friend that I went to school with; Mac McClelland. It's her first book and it's called For Us Surrender Is Out of the Question: A Story from Burma's Never-Ending War. I can't wait to start reading it. That my shameless plug for the day.


But the meat of the story is what happened to me at the bar.
My amaretto sour got carded. I learned from the bartender that sours are the drink of choice for underage hoodlums.
Well the conversation continued and she still made fun of me for this and called herself a sour patch kid. I misunderstood her and thought that is what she called these kids. So long story short I coined a new bartending term for underage age kids that go to bars and order amaretto sours: Sour Patch Kids!



Amaretto Sour Recipe
1 1/2 oz amaretto liqueur
1 - 2 splashes sweet and sour mix

Pour the amaretto liqueur into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Add a splash or two of sweet and sour mix, and shake well. Strain or pour into an old-fashioned glass, garnish with a maraschino cherry and a slice of orange, and serve.



This music is to make up for Monday's post.
Beirut brings an old world style to their music.
The results are most enjoyable!
So enjoyable I had to post two songs.



Beirut- Cherbourg
Album - The Flying Club Cup





Beirut - My Night With a Prostitute From Marseille
Album - March of the Zapotec / Holland

No comments: