Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Odyssey




Sing in me, Muse, and through me tell the story
of that man skilled in all ways of contending,
the wanderer, harried for years on end,
after he plundered the stronghold on the proud height
of Troy.
- The Odyssey



I went on a journey today to Chapel Hill Mall to see a pair of films; The Reader and Frost/Nixon. Both were excellent films, so no worries there. I found myself deep in thought over the issues and subjects presented in the movies. More so than usual. It seems that most of the time movies try not to say a lot. I think the word is over simplification. But both these movies spoke volumes. The Reader surprised me in the fact that i saw the movie going one way and then it came at me from a new angle and in turn, I ended up enjoying it a lot more. Frost/Nixon was the battle royal of interviews. It was more like a boxing match minus the play by play. Check out both while you still can. After that I went for a walk home. I didn't get enough of a workout at the gym, so I made up for it by doing 15.61 miles on the odyssey home.

No comments: